Thursday, September 20, 2007

Miss Polly Purebread

Polly was pulled from an Illinois shelter just as her time was up. She's with her new foster dad now, who reported upon her arrival: Here are the pics I took of Polly when we got home. She is very skinny, maybe a bit more them Waylin was when he first came to me. She's very sweet, inquisitive and a confident girl. She ran right up to Roy the first time in the yard and has kept trying to get him to play. In that regard she's much like Olina was.

Her tail just wags like crazy when you pet her or give her attention. She freaked out in the bath when I turned the sprayer on, but settled down and was pretty good. She let me try to clean her ears with no problems. I think if I would have kept petting her then she would have fallen asleep. She's got a huge appetite, so with good food she should put some weight on quickly. Lisa gave her some Cracker Barrel (surprise!) and she has eaten everything I have given her - cheese and her dinner. She ate about two cups of Mmillennia with a little canned mixed in. I was giving her some plan kibble to take the pics and she wolfed that right down.


She's laying behind me as I type this now, trying to keep her head up. She doesn't want to give in to sleep. LOL

Jim


No comments: